Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Different Ways God Speaks

I know there are some who believe God only speaks through His Word, but I'd like to share on some other ways He has spoken to me:
  • Through trials and testings
  • Through dreams
  • In open eye visions
  • Through symbols
  • Through licence plates (yes, you read right!)

I'll share a recent experience on the last example. I was returning from my Wednesday evening cell group meeting, wondering how Paul was doing in a particularly trying situation he had encountered on his visit to Lagos, and I suddenly looked up at the car in front of me to see the licence plate was "PK is OK"! PK are my husband's initials so that was a direct 'all is well' from my Father to me. Isn't He truly a multi-faceted Father? And He cares about each and every one of us in a very personal way!

That was not the first time I had seen a message on a licence plate, and now I begin to wonder if it was specially 'crafted' for my eyes only...maybe someone else driving beside me that evening would've seen a 'real' number...who knows? His ways are past finding out.

This Christmas season and the new year 2007, expect God to show up on your behalf in 'normal' and supernatural ways, that's our covenant promise.

No comments: