Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Which God Who Cannot Lie....

Did you ever notice that phrase in the Bible? It's in Titus 1:2 and I stumbled across it a few days ago while reading my Bible and preparing the children's lunch for school (talk about multi-tasking!). There it stood out all of a sudden, jumping off the page at me and I thought to myself, "Wow! God cannot lie, not God will not lie...but cannot; which means He is not able to lie and He doesn't have the capacity in Him to lie! The phrase 'cannot lie' there is interpreted from the Greek and means 'veracious'; the root English word being 'veracity' or 'truthfulness, accuracy'. Get a load of that! His word to you is always truthful and bang-on target.

Then I started to 'backthink', if God cannot lie, then whatever promise He gave me personally, He will bring to pass, it's that simple! I took a deep breath and began to understand why certain people 'rested' in the midst of spiritual warfare...they had a personal word from God who cannot lie and they knew for sure that it would definitely come to pass! They did not need fleeces, signs, or 'supporting words', they just waited on Him to bring the word to pass.

Now that's faith! What new revelation have you received or re-learned recently? Read the Word and let Him speak...

1 comment:

Neva said...

Found you on Spiritual Oasis, wanted to stop by, I am glad I did, I enjoyed this post. Thank you for reminding us that we worship a Promise-keeping God.

Peace
Neva